Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Clubbing in Penang

So anything interesting I did during my holidays you may ask? Well, I went clubbing. I actually kinda stopped this ritual of visiting clubs or should I say I thought I stopped. Hahah! My parents were so shocked to see me well dressed wearing a red shirt to go clubbing this time coz normally I am so malas lah to wear nice clothes. Actually I didn't bring many clothes to Penang so I had no choice but to wear a shirt. Normally T-shirt can d lah... hahah!

My good old friend, one of my close Serani buddies asked me to go hang out at Slippery Senoritas in the heart of Georgetown. It is near the E&O hotel or the mouth of Penang Road that leads to Komtar. Anyway u can't miss the huge sign board. Hahah! I was reluctant at first coz I've been there before but then what the heck, I am on holiday! So as Bennett doesn't normally drive at night, we headed to town in my mom's faithful Iswara. Parking was free. Rather shocking for me coz I am so used to paying for parking in KL. Took some pics of the clubbing scene using my mobile phone that has a forgotten camera! Haha! Enjoy!



Entering was free on a Thursday night coz it was a weekday. We first sat upstairs but the ushers invited us downstairs coz the place was rather empty. So we sat at the bar!!!!!! A nice orange counter top with a direct full frontal view of the stage. A talented group of Philipino singers were singing hits especially from Ashlee Simpson like Lala and LOVE. It was nice. Checkout the Afro on the bartenders! Damn freaking retro!!!




We took a look at the menu to see what was interesting or should I say what was within our budgets. Haha! Drinks tend to be overpriced! At first I got myself a Jack Daniels + coke.




Sipped it for 45 mins then got another drink. This time was a Green Eye. Green Eye is a cocktail combination of vodka, orange and some other blue liquid that gives it a green look. It was lovely! Honest to God. Topped with a bright red cherry! Haha!




Yes this is the guy who influenced me to go clubbing! Hahah! No lah. It was great meeting up with Bennett. It's been like a year since we last met up. We've known each other for 16 years almost. We have grown up together and been through shitty and wacky experiences together. We survived!



I shall update more about my trip to Penang during the January 2006 holidays. It was really fun doing things I had not done in a long time especially with my family. Kind of a family oriented holiday! Hahah! Cheers!