Monday, January 02, 2006

Ushering 2006!


Wow, already 6 years have passed since the celebration of the great millenium that everyone was looking forward to. Cars would fly, modern buildings and robotic maids were some of the thoughts of what the years beyond 2000 would be like. I think there was even a show called Beyond 2000. Of course it does not exist anymore... hahahha!

A new year but the ending of the second trimester over here at MMU. It's been a tiring trimester as it is obvious I have not updated my blog from the time I was back home in Penang. Crammed with classes, assingnments, projects and most importantly Final Year Project. FYP was ok. I dare not be too contented with the performance nor proud as there is much to be done. The Interim was submitted in the second trimester. The 3rd trimester would see the implementation plan complete with working system. By the way, my project is called E-Job Hunter, an online job recruitment system. It is something like Jobstreet. I trully am happy and appreciate my great team member Khalil for his cooperation with me so far. This trimester has been a blast in developing the project. Finals are like in a weeks time so busy preparing and all. My advice is get enough rest and maintain a healthy diet. I know it's the festive season but try to stay away from alcohol.

Christmas 2005 was great. More meaningful for me as I was feeling very family oriented, something that was not felt during the last few Christmas. Well, what I like is the food and the drinking. Hahah! What to do? I 'beh tahan' lah with the irresistable mood to party and enjoy. I am so thankful for my family. From my parents, siblings, aunts, uncles, cousins to my new cousin-in-law from Portugal, it's been great fun over the 2005 Christmas. It is hard no doubt to content personal needs but it's easier to give and take here and there. Nothings perfect! Just sit back and enjoy the show!

It was great having Sanjay and Jolene over here in Malacca a few days back. Showed them around Malacca like my house in Bukit Beruang, hot spots to hang out and historic sites. We started talking about ghost stories that really freaked me out. Sanjay and Jolene had to follow me back to Bukit Beruang cause was immensely terrified with the stories. These guys are from my hometown and we really stick up for each other during the good and bad times. I am happy for us for we have changed for the better and are wiser adults compared to early years in Gurney Plaza. It is a growing process that can never be avoided and we were all tempted to do this and that. Now what remains are fond memories of the past and how gila we all were in taking out our parents cars for joy rides all over Penang! We could still do it though, if we wanted!!! Haha! Am I the only one, but don't you think age is catching up on us?

For people who have heard about my shocking lunches at home, well it's true. I prepared bread and slap on some meat. Wahlah a perfect lunch! Saves a lot of money and time too. I dunno, I just got this idea to try eating at home and it ain't bad. Now wanna try canned food pula. Canned food from Yeo's that come in a variety. From what I saw the other day at Jusco was like sotong, makarels, chicken, mutton and beef in cans. Maybe make hot, kacau a bit on the pan and eat with nasi bought anywhere nearby lah. Erm, I still not sure how to cook rice. Never mind. Ban ban lai! Already marinated chicken sounds tempting but heard not so fresh. I have learnt a great deal on how to prepare quick and easy meals from my housemates! Learnt the fundamentals in cooking! Thanks guys! Gonna remember u guys forever! Hahah!

Badminton is the latest thing I have picked up lately. It was my close friends who invited me to their newest past time. The badminton courts are crammed into one old warehouse in Batu Berendam which is 10 minutes drive. We ussually play at night when we are free. So as I was quite interested to play cause it is fun and makes me sweat a lot, I decided what the hack! I got myself a simple racket. I had been looking around Tesco but they had 'cap ayam' ones. Then my friends told me to check out Jesco. Boy was I surprised to find reasonably priced rackets like Wilson, Prince and Dunlop. I got mine for RM 15. It's a Wilson. Not bad lah except my friends said it's a bit heavy at the head. But considering the money I invested in it, it's value lah! Haha!

As for my car, it's ok. Still runs normal and it's gonna be 6 years old this year! The longest Wira kept in my family! Kinda use to the wear and tear and if God willing I have some extra cash, I repair the parts. I have changed the throttle body which has given me some irregular iddling. Now is much stable. Also changed the air filter because I think I had mine for quite some time already. This and buying some petrol additives from STP, I feel driving is a little smoother. Currently experimenting with Mobil oil and it gives me good performance that I am satisfied. I have been trying a few petrols out. This I find not bad! Though I am a little curious to know about what's the difference between the RM1.58 petrol and RM1.62 petrol at Mobil. But heard the RM1.62 one called Synergy F1 is better. Must do some research. Any idea guys? If I do have some extra cash, I would love to change my extractor to a one from Hot Bits. According to my research it increases performance of a car. Also see lah if got some extra cash... hehe!

I really hope I get to update my blog more often. Blogging is coming popular these days. Celebrities even got their own! Though I hope it is originally theirs rather than their personal assistants doing the blogging for them. Hehe!

I wish all my friends the best of luck for this New Year 2006! May you experience good health, wealth and prosperity and something important to me HAPPINESS! Take care and God bless! =)