Monday, February 27, 2006

Johny Cash... A true Country legend

Johny Cash? Who is he? Well, I came accross his name during the holidays on the Oprah Winfrey Show. She did a show on a upcoming movie called Walk the Line starring Joaquin Phoenix and Reese Whitterspoon. They did an autobiography of Johny Cash's life and his wife's life, June Carter.

This guy is a country singer starting in the 1960's. Yes long before my time. Hehe! But somehow I have gotten comfortable with his songs. My mom doesn't fancy him but she knows I memang have a soft spot for legends like Elvis, Ritchie Valens and James Brown. You can search online for more info about this singers. Legends man! Remembered forever! I imagine them playing songs up in the sky in heaven.

I began downloading Johny Cash's songs and doing some research on Wikipedia of who this singer is. He has quite a deep history. But, after reading his life from start to end, you get to feel sad. You get to feel how his life was like. His problems. His sorrows. His loss.

Well, after listening to him for sometime now, I don't feel bored. His songs are mostly about his life and ups and downs. Something we all go through. Life is tuff. But, we have to carry on fighting to achieve our dreams and goals! Some of his songs also are happy songs.

By the way, I ain't the only guy who likes this 60s singer. I found a classmate who also likes his songs! So next time, u think ur odd, look closely. Their could be simmilar people out there like you. Haha!