Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Snake... snake... snake!!!

It was my call on an old friend, Mr. Ariff to meet up for some tea at Subaidah. We had a great conversation on life, love and money!

On our trip back to Bkt Beruang, I was driving with Ariff at the co-drivers seat, we stumbled upon a long slithering creature moving at the side of the road near the Police HQ junction. Me in my excited voice yelled... "Snake, Ariff!" I turned into the Police HQ and alerted the police at the pondok with Ariff supporting my statement to the police.

We then returned to the spot to have a better look. We were bored and needed some excitement... Haha! Waiting for almost 10 minutes, we wondering when on earth is the BOMBA gonna get here. So we semangat gile drove to the BOMBA which is like 2 minutes drive to make a report.

Returning to the scene again, the snake had dissappeared. The BOMBA came in the van. They searched the area finding the snake in darkness with the help of a high powered torch-light. BINGO! They found it. It had crossed the stream to the side of the Police HQ. They caught it and had brief chat with us. I was hoping for a medal! Haha! In my dreams! But in the conversation, one of the fireman mention it's quite normal to find these creatures. There are so many that some are chopped up at the Zoo and fed to the lions and tigers!

The guys you see here are not me and Ariff lah though we could have done that... huhu... it was the firemen. They were checking the length and specie. It was a ular sawa measuring around 6 feet in length.



We later made our way back home.