Sunday, April 09, 2006

Mahathir and Siti Hasmah visit MMU, Malacca



It was kind of last minute decision for me to go and see the arrival of Tun Mahathir and Tun Siti Hasmah to MMU, Malacca. I had received forwarded messages on Yahoo! Messenger from friends and classmates announcing the arrival of these distinguised visitors to MMU. The reason of their visit would be an event organized called Around the World in 3 Days featuring cultures of international students from around the world mainly Middle East.


I contacted my good friend Nurfadzlin and she told me she also would be going to catch a glimps and take some photos with the former PM if possible. She was all excited about it and telling me how she gonna take the photos and where she would stand all.

To our disbelief, there were more than expected students gathered at the concourse of CLC that night waiting for their arrival. Some with cameras and camera phones linning up along the pathways nearly 30 minutes before the arrival of Tun and his wife.

A bluish BMW 7 series entered the compound behind the surau near CLC and for a moment everyone stood in silence as they stepped out of the vehicle.


They were greeted by the President and administration staff and proceeded to CLC where there were like a few thousand students waiting to catch a glimps, take photos and to shake the hands of the former PM and his wife.

I was lucky to get a shot(above). Also to shake hands with Tun and his wife. A great experience, something I would treasure for a long time. I mean without a doubt he has done so much for Malaysia in many ways! Especially creating Proton! How I love my Wira! Heheh!