Monday, March 28, 2005

Nigel Samson... May you rest in peace and pray for us here...

Last Friday when I called my mum, she told me that she and my dad got a invitation to commemorate the death of my good friend Nigel Samson at his dad's place at Taman Berjaya, Pulau Tikus. At once when I heard they were invited I told them to go on behalf of me. It's a year since he left us and yet I still am heavy hearted to visit his grave at Western Road Catholic Cemetery.

I got to know Nigel through church. He was a Serani like me but a little older than me by 16 years. He was like a senior in church mixxing with all the gorgeous looking Serani chicks I remember on Sundays. Also, another Xaverian (if not mistaken) and could be during the times of the later Brother Cashmir.

At weddings, he participated either at being the decorator or just joining in the choir singing joyful songs people sing during weddings.

Finally, early last year around Januray, I went clubbing with my childhood friend Bennett Lowe to Lush. There was only two of us while Nigel was there with his gang ( a large one that is). He came up to Bennett and chatted before I was introduced to Nigel Samson by Bennett. It was a moment of "Wow!" because Nigel was really a famous guy in kampung Serani at Pulau Tikus. He was soo friendly and as ussual cheeky poking me at my sides with his finger.

We lost contact for a while before I started meeting him again at C'Front(now known as Fever). He was the coordinator for the dancers at the club. Being typical Serani, hardworking and pefection is constantly on his mind. Not long after he became something of like a manager.

That was when he was doing well in life when suddenly his life ended. I still dunno why it happen to him and I dun really wanna know cause I lost a friend. Someone that I never knew for long, but during that short span of time we became good friends. I told him we click cause our fathers did click too(they are good friends till today even after 60years).

Nigel was murdered at Bayan Lepas( near the Penang airport). He was tied up and thrown into the river near the factories. His body was found a few days later.

I got a SMS from Jeremy Gomez of Penang and I was sooo damn shocked. I called up my friend, Tengku Nish, in Penang and she was also so sad by the story. So was I... nothing we could have done.

I could not attend his funeral but only read and looked at his photos in the Malay Mail. My parents were in KL at the time so neither of us could make it.

I learnt a lesson in life. Do what u want to do now before it's too late. Time will never come again. Nigel will never be drinking and fagging with me again. God bless you Nigel. Hope to meet you someday in God's kingdom. We can party like there's no tommorrow... heheh! Miss you bro!