Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Touch down at Pearl of the Orient!



I left Malacca on the 13th of October at 5 am. I could not sleep on my bed coz someone so clever go and have coffee latte at Gloria Jeans Cafe during Alfian's 22nd birthday. Happy birthday Pian!

Packed all my stuff as I really need my things with me into my car and headed off in the early morning which was still dark. Stopped at Sg. Buloh R&R for some chocolate milk and some buns. Continued until Simpang Pulai R&R where I slept for an hour coz 'beh tahan'. So sleepy.

Continued my journey after freaking out for sleeping for an hour and felt so blur. I was stumbled to hear Hitz.fm playing classical music. I was wondering. " Ape dah jadi??". The real reason was because Datin Seri Endon had passed away. God rest her soul. I notice that there were offical cars going down from the north (Perdana V6 and Wajas) for the funeral.

When I reached home in Pulau Tikus, Penang, my mom was so shocked to see me. Haha! I was laughing coz I left so early. Reach Penang around 11 something I think. Broke the news to her of the demise of Datin Endon. Many were shocked lah not only my parents. It shocked the nation. Goes to show cannot really believe media reports of people in so called 'stable condition'.

I got my car fixed up here and there. My parents asked me to check it as really used a lot. We ( BDS and me!) travelled to Kajang, Ampang, Subang, Malacca, Cyberjaya and most parts of KL frequently. The car was extensively used so it needed some checking up just to see all still ok. Change my tyres and repaired my 'bengkok' rim. The picture you see of my dummy wheel is not because of puncture (touch wood!). The rim was sent to be mended. Then change gear oil as u know lah 1.6 main problem is gear. Thanks so much to my parents who 'belanja' me... heheh!

It was another trip for me to Kek Lok Si in Penang. Walked up the covered stairs where can see lots of shops selling interesing souveniers and ornaments that leads to Kuan Yin's statue. This time, I drove up to the statue. I mean heck I would do this first and last. So make the best of it and drive up lah. Got quite good shots that I will include here. Mostly a scenic view of Penang city.


The dream of sitting on my red carpert in front of my tv has become a reality. Watching mostly Travel and Adventure and National Geographic. Chun lar. I mean the shows may sound geeky but they are kind of interesting. Like the documentary of the Haj in Mecca. Watch tv until 2.30 am sometimes, latest being 3 am. Kind of nice to watch tv sometimes than surfing lah. Heheh! Manage to download Desperate Housewife episode 4 of season 2. Nurul has been my informer telling me what to download and when the episodes would come out in the U.S. Terror research yeah dear! Haha!

At home, the ussual lah. Wash cars, clean here and there and take some pictures of my garden. The flowers are blooming though it rains a lot here. My dad said we shall not buy new birds as a precaution of the recent outbreak of aviant flue. I am so disturbed by my dogs barking coz I have been away for sometime and really forgot that dogs can be a nuisance at times. Before I came back here, I was like telling my mom, "Mummy, how are they? Miss them lah". Now like sien d lah... heheh!

I am lucky as got to meet my old buddies. Let's see, I met Nigel and Randal ( the Gurney gang) and my neighbour Teng Ho. I have yet to meet Boey, my housemate. Soon lah I think. It's nice meeting up with the old friends and going places that u have never been going to hang out for a while. The craziest thing I, Randal and a bunch of friends did was drive around town in 2 cars near our old St. Xavier's looking for 'bapuks'. Not to acquire service lah but just to see them and have a good laugh. Men trying to be women. It's not funny just it's hard to understand what they going through lah. Psychological I guess.

I shall be writing more soon here telling u all more of my holidays. Till then have a great holiday! To my Hindu friends, Happy Deepavali. To my Muslim friends, Selamat Hari Raya!