Sunday, October 22, 2006

Deepavali 2006!

Last Friday, I was invited to my Team Manager's house for Deepavali. We wanted to begin the celebration early coz I had to work on Saturday(Deepavali).

I decided to leave the office at 6.10 pm and head home for a bath and freshen up before coming for his party at 9 p.m.

That day it rained heavily, can say the whole Penang also kena lah. It was extremely heavy downpour which did coz floods in some areas around Penang. The heavy rain reminded me of the old days driving on the Seremban highway from Malacca to KL when the rain was bad and I was all alone in the car in the storm.

Traffic on that day was pretty hectic. To be honest I dunno why. Could be the Deepa-Raya celebration lah. People all going out last minute shopping.

So anyway, I was on the way back home using the Green Lane Road. I was stuck on that road for 2 1/2 hours! Normally it takes like 7 minutes to clear but took me so long! There was a jam coz of a flood near the Ramakrishna Centre. I was expecting a flood near the PFS as what my friend told me but I passed by with ease.

Cars were overheating and short-circuiting coz of the flood. Breaking down like dead antelop crossing the Sahara to greener pastures! Haha! I was careful though. But my patience was fading! I never expected to be stuck till like that! I can imagine what the Coastal Highway would be like.

When I got to Pulau Tikus was so late that I decided to turn the car around and go to my friend's house (I never went home). Driving back to Bayan Lepas was no problem. Wanted to enter into coastal highway but there was another jam. So use Gelugor Road. It was slow but deffinitely faster than the Coastal Highway lah.

Reached Allan's house and there was no food at 10 pm! He thought I and my other friend Mark were not coming. So he took me to Pelita nearby and bought me dinner.

We headed back to his place for beer! He had one whole bucket full of cold chilled beer. It was great drinking. Mark then came from the office coz he was too hardworking that day finishing up cases. All of us left at around 2 a.m. coz of work the next day on Deepavali Day! It was a great "Tani Session".

I woke up on Deepavali feeling I could be free. Had a quick play with my dogs. Having dogs can be so fun and relaxing. They really brightened up my day! My parents were like do u wanna join us go visiting but I had to decline coz of work.

Left home around 10.30 a.m. to start my shift of 11- 6 p.m. Allan promised to bring food in for us that his aunt had cooked around 12 p.m. Lisa, Siew Yean, Afny and me were the only ones in the office. Afny puasa so just left 3 of us with the food that Allan brought. Allan did not join coz he had to get back home to continue the celebration.
This was what Allan brought. Briani rice, chicken curry, mutton curry, sotong curry, prawn curry and vege. Not forgetting the sweets which we gave Afny to buka puasa later that day.

Lisa and Siew Yean insisted we take pictures of our lunch!

Wow, look at Siew Yean bz taking the food! Dun kill me for this pic! Haha!


This was what I took! It was really nice food! Thanks Allan! Had a great lunch! I never expected that Saturday at work to be so fun! U certainly "Wow-ed" those that came in. Sorry to Carienna for not getting any share of the food. Hahah!

It was a great Deepavali this year, shared with new friends at Dell! :D