Sunday, May 11, 2008

Sedition... I am kind of confused. :S


I think in any country, before we can find someone guilty of committing a crime, the accused has to go through hearing at the court and a result will come up if someone is guilty or not. We, the rakyat, cannot simply make conclusions if someone is guilty or not. It all depends on the judiciary system and also based on a detailed investigation.


Lately, I have been hearing about this Raja Petra guy from KL. I never heard of him before or may have heard about him but never really bothered knowing. From what I read in The Star these couple of days is that he made seditious remarks on a politician.


His remarks are obviously not going to smear the credibility and reputation that the rakyat have for the politician. I am most certain the rakyat is inteligent enough to vote people base on the credibility to perform their duties and help fight for the needs of the rakyat. Also I am sure the rakyat also is smart enough to understand it is not the rakyat that decides who is right and wrong as it is the perogative of our judiciary system. Neither has his statements have any impact on the findings of the investigation if there is no proof.


Then again what about freedom of speech? Does it exist? I thought there was based on what I heard from our then foreign minister's interview on Hard Talk on the BBC.


Whatever Raja Petra said may or may not be true as it is coming from a rakyat and not a member of the judiciary committee. So from my opinion it doesn't really matter whatever he says if it is true or not.


But this poor guy whom I have just learned is a sensitive, caring and interested member of the rakyat. It clearly shows how concern he is about the stability, harmony and equality of the country. He has dedicated his life towards knowing the politics of the country and even writes his views on how he feels on his website.


So this guy got jailed for like a week for what he did. Court granted him bail that came from equally concerned people about our nation. The guy did not eat food because he said that the food was paid for by the rakyat and that he did not see anyone because there was no reason to.


This man who has a really nice wife and 5 children said something because of his fight to ensure a fair system in our country where everyone should be treated equally by posting his views on that website. I think he most likely wants to share his view and make a few people realize that there is a possibility that such things may happen to us.


He put on a fight and went through all that sh*t for us the rakyat. We do appreciate his views but I guess it all depends on the court. I cannot say I agree with the guy but I will leave it in the hands of our judicial system to decide.
As for this county that I live in and I am proud of, I still have the respect and honour to my king, my country and the laws that surround it. I shall still continue to kibar the Malaysian flag on my Malaysian made car every national day! :D