Saturday, May 24, 2008

Karaoke!


It has been almost a week since my first karaoke session (17/5/2008)! Haha!

Yup! I did it finally. I had always wanted to go and this was the perfect time. Ruby and her dad went to catch up and they ajak me for a session with them! Thank you for the invite!

Initially we had just gone for drinks. Then her dad proposed I sang atleast 1 song. I thought I could have declined to his invitation. Then the rules were set. No song, no go home! Haha!

So I was a little nervous at first coz I never expected to start my first karaoke session in front of someone like Ruby's dad. Paiseh lah coz I really did not know how to sing.

Nonetheless, I thought to myself, this is no competition and most of the people there just sing only although out of tune and wrong tempo! Haha! It suddenly hit me that karaoke is not for professionals and any "joe" can just grab the mic and sing a song.

So I sang and it turned out pretty alright. I followed the changes in colour for the lyrics. Some changed fast and some changed slow. I tried my best to keep up or should I say sang the songs my way! Haha!

Her dad was very encouraging and said he respect me coz even though I did not know how to sing some songs, atleast I tried. I felt really encouraged and went on to sing about 8 songs that night!

Ultimately, I did not want to let go of the mic because it was so fun! I had never had so much fun in so long. I felt so much lighter inside and I felt that singing really took away the stress in me. People encourage you to sing by saying "Just let it go" and that's what I did and I felt so much better. It's very nice to see people hear you sing and clap for you. I felt like a star! I felt like an idol! :P

The club that we went mostly plays oldies and uncle himself really entertained me with "North to Alaska".

I can't wait for my next karaoke session! :D