Sunday, June 01, 2008

Aji Noren

It was Friday, after a long and dreadful week at the office! Haha! No lah wasn't so bad. :P

Ruby was telling me about this Japanese place that she wanted to take me for dinner at Prima Tanjung in Fettes Park, name as per this blog post title.

We reached there around 7.30 pm after lepaking at my place. We kinda missed our tables earlier because I was engrosed with some fella's blog that Ruby was showing me on my computer.
Haha!

First we sat at those kind of old coffee shop benches, where the table is in the middle of two rows of benches.


It was cozy with very light touch of Japanese interior design. They had a water feature kind of thing at the centre of the shop. There were two tortoises, each put into one bowl. There was one which barely had a place to move in the bowl.


Then there was a table available where we had to sit on the floor ala Japanese style. Ruby suggested we take it and I was all game for it as you know I love trying out new things. But then, after sometime sit on the floor like that, leg pain. There was one table that had a square hole in the floor where you can just hang your legs from the wooden elevated floor of the shop but I guess this won't be the ultimate Japanese dinning experience.



I had sliced pork, sesame rice, fried potato, miso soup and watermelon.

Ruby had almost the same thing except fish as her main course.

We ordered additional fried prawns and salmon skin sushi.


The price range for a set meal is around RM 20 to RM 30

The food was quite good and I felt damn full! Haha!