Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The Happening


It was Friday the 13th! I try to be cautious with everything I do although I do know that bad things can still happen although foreseeing them.


Naina and Ruby wanted to do something a little extra to commemorate this one day in the year.

So they suggested to go for The Happening, an apparently eerie movie. I was like what the heck so I agreed to join them. The invite was extended to Flo, Brian, Damian, Sharifah and Diq.


I fetched Ruby and headed to Gurney Plaza to catch the 11 pm movie. Before that, had my Ayam Goreng McD at 9 plus coz no mood to have dinner alone that day as Ruby had her own plan for dinner. Haha! I sound damn manja!


So back to the movie experience, we went up to the cinema and for the first time, we were the first to get there. Then followed by Diq and Sharifah and the rest. The rest came in Naina's Myvi! Haha! I had to say it coz I just love Myvis and glad I own one myself!


We entered the cinema. I already knew what I was getting myself into but played cool and macho. 5 mins into the movie, a character who is a woman stabs herself with a chopstick that she used to hold her hair. Shortly later construction workers jump off a building and fall to the ground with a loud thud.


This phenomenan has an unknown reason how it started or why it happened so rampantly apparently in th US. Basically it is caused by sudden difference in chemicals from one neuron to another neuron in the body which mentally affects the human body. God forbid that such a catastrophy will not happen.


Blady hell I was freaking scared balls! I was getting really stressed with how horrifying the movie was and felt like having a fag. I was tensed and did not move much from my seat. Ruby followed the movie very well and she had the ussual sudden shakes and gestures of shock and surprise. So it added to the whole thrilling experience of watching the movie.


She thought I didn't like the movie but I found it to be very creative and it managed to catch my attention although scary. Only have to admit I get scared easily while watching this kinda movies.


Later that night, I told her the truth and she smiled. I told her in order to overcome my fears, we gonna watch Kung-Fu Panda next ! Haha! This cartoon is endorsed by Melody, Hazzel and Ah Soon!


Other scary moments from the movie; old woman bangs head through glass till bleed, people shoot themselves, driver drives jeep right smack into a tree etc. You gotta see the rest for yourselves guys!