Sunday, June 29, 2008

The importance of a Name


I was having beers with two Eurassian uncles few minutes ago at Arathis.

We were talking about so many things. Being the rookie, they offered advise or should I call it the lessons of life.

One interesting advise that caught my attention was this:

"We are given a name since we were born and we will live with the name till we die. Never ever change ones name for 'pussy' (women)".

I did understand where this uncle was coming from.

Clearly today we see lots of people; friends and even family members; that convert to other religions because of getting involved with people of different beliefs.

Honestly, I do understand that love is strong. We should love a person regardless of what they are and whatever they believe in.

I guess it depends on peoples preferrence and what they see important in life.

As for me, I love my friends and family members although of different beliefs. I also feel this is what makes Malaysians so unique and what keeps our country strong. I am trully in support of "bangsa Malaysia".