Thursday, July 10, 2008

Getting re-accustomed to KL

When I was doing my Industrial Training. I lived in Subang and got used to the life here adjacent to KL and Petaling Jaya.



It is no doubt very fast paced and swamming with people who I can see want a piece of the pie in this money making pot. When it comes to long holidays and festive seasons, they return home to their hometowns like Ipoh and Penang.



Two years in Dell Penang has been great and enough for me. In terms of growing in my career, I feel Penang has little to offer especially in my career in IT. Hence, I have realized that it's KL to expand my career and achieve my goals and with my partner to be.



I have signed up with SAP Malaysia to do a 25 days full-time course where I should obtain my certification in Basis(a major component in SAP). SAP is a Business software that is being purchased and used by big time players in the market from car manufacturers to oil and gas companies.



After I complete my course, I should have a buffer to find for a job. I will need to start at the bottom as I am new to the industry.



When I was in KL registering for the course, these are the pics that I took to remind myself of this place that I will to grow together with:





Bangunan Sultan Abdul Samad with the tallest Jalur Gemilang flagpole


Menara KL in the background off Jalan Raja Chulan




KLCC. I MMS this pic to Ruby as I walked out of KL Convention Centre after the registration.