Saturday, September 27, 2008

Happy 10th birthday Google!


I hated reading! I just could not understand how my sister when I was young busy reading Archie comics, Sweet Valley and Enid Blyton. I did read but I did not read as much as my sis because I felt it was boring. Haha! If I remember correctly, I stuggled to learn how to read and had difficult times in early primary school be it in Bahasa Malaysia or English.


When I went to uni, I was so impressed with my friends using search engines like Yahoo! and Google. You could find out about almost anything. It was even more interesting with addition of picture content. I think this was what started my craze in the WWW.


As most people know me, I am so in love with Volvos that I went and really deep dive into the product lineage, all via these search engines. I think at that time I was using Google because it had that Image tab where you can view thousands of photos of the car from all over the world.


From then on, because I found it so easy and interesting with the rich multimedia format, I grew into wanting to know more about technology, religion, politics and news. Typical of the internet, is the latest updates in news from around the world. I was eager to keep myself abreath with what was going on and I was eager to share the latest findings with my friends at that time.


I am really thankful to Google! It has changed a person who once hated reading books because of the format but now I am a better reader (I humbly admit!). However, I still hate reading books! Haha!