Sunday, September 14, 2008

Ruby's trip to KL

I was so delighted that Ruby visited me over the weekend. She came last Friday by NICE Bus and I fetched her from the old KTM station in KL. I really missed her and I was overcome with tears of joy although I don't think she saw. Haha!

That night I took her for great Chinese Food at the Park Way restaurant in Subang SS 19.
We ordered Bawal fish steam, butter chicken and vege.

Then we went home to bath all before leaving for Starbucks at The Curve.

A photo of us with a red cow in front of one of the restaurants at The Street, The Curve.

We sat there talking about my new life and we shared about how things were back home in Penang.

The next day, we went to One-Utama. To even my amazement, there were loads of shops. Was not very crowded maybe due to the "puasa" month. I bought my shoe padding for my office shoe as I have been doing loads of walking. To cure my boredom, I got the latest FHM mag and I got Ruby the latest CLEO.

For lunch, Ruby took me to this fancy but cozy place called Dave's. Kinda pricey but the food was great and the experience was positively memorable. Just me and my babe! :D



Me and Ruby on the cozy sofa.

At night, we had dinner at my bro's home as my bro, Hans organized a get together with my couzs; Lynn's family and St. John's family. It was the first time St. John's family met Ruby and they were happy to meet her. It's hard to join our "club"! Muahaha!
Rubz had "Bombay Saphire gin with Sprite" and I had "Jack Daniel's whisky with Coke". I had a couple of them and got pretty high! My couz's kids just loved Rubz and kinda reminded me of how her mom, Aunt Caroline, was great with kids.
The next morning, we went to Krishna's Curry house for breakfast. I had thosai and Rubz had roti bawang.
We then went to the Church of Assumption nearby. Had to double park on the road ala 'sembahyang Jumaat'. The church was full so we sat outside with the other parishners. Father Phillip Muthu celebrated mass and we did pray for the detainees under ISA. Thank God the reporter has been released!
Then we went for a drive at the Sunday Car motor and took a glimpse at the second-hand cars, my ussual routine on Sunday mornings in KL. So happy to share my routine with Rubz and she now knows a thing or two about cars!
We then went to my godparents house in seksyen 3 PJ where they waited to take us for lunch at the Royal Selangor Club in Mont Kiara with Uncle Musa. We all had the "Banana Leaf" spread by the patio overlooking the field.
Rubz and I then went home and spent time together. It was very sad for us to part again but we will meet this coming weekend in Penang as Hans wants to visit my aunt.
I cried so much because I realized that I am trully blessed to have Rubz in my life! I really miss her during the times when we are apart although we are connected through Digi for free calls, SMS and MMS.
I guess behind all my strength, I depend on my source that is Ruby. I love you honey! :D Can't wait to see you in Penang this coming weekend. Muakzzzzzzzzz! ;)