Saturday, September 27, 2008

Penang forever!


There is no place like Penang!

Living in KL for 3 weeks was horrible.

I have to admit that I appreciate the kind hospitatlity of my bro and sis. My bro has a nice place in Subang and there was always dinner thanks to the maid. It was great spending time with him and the family.

My training starts at 9 am to 5 pm only during weekdays. The venue is 3rd floor of Kompleks Antarabangsa along Jalan Sultan Ismail I think, right in front of the Raja Chulan Monorail station.

My day starts at around 6 am every weekday. I had to leave my bro's house at 6.20 am (serious shit!) to get to the Subang KTM commuter station to catch the 6.36 am train to KL sentral. Thankfully the station is like 10 minutes away minus the traffic being so freaking early! I park the car at the station for RM 2 per day.

This train begins it's journey from Port Kelang and the last stop is Sentul. KL Sentral would be on it's way. The fare of my ticket is RM 1.60 one way. The reason I go early is to beat the crowdedness of the commuter. People start crowding it already from Port Kelang as they work in town.

The commuter car is normally pack like sardines, shoulder to shoulder, groin to butt or whatever you wanna call it. Haha! The worst stop is Pantai Dalam because of the high density of people living there so they mostly fill up the train.

I reach KL Sentral at around 7.05am. I walk to the entrance that faces KL Hilton for my puff, light reading of notes or FHM and to call Ruby to wish her good morning.

At 8 am, I walk to the monorail station in Brickfields about 100 m away to catch the monorail to Raja Chulan. It is freaking weird as to why the KL Monorail station is not built into KL Sentral. I think somebody never gave money to somebody so no go. Haha!

On my route, I see beggars, drug addicts and only yesterday prostitutues. It's a bit dodgy but I keep to myself and becareful of the people around me. I sometimes have teh tarik at the coffee shop near to the monorail station.

The journey to Raja Chulan station takes approximately 10 minutes. The fare one way is RM 2.10 which is expensive for public transport. The monorail also gets jam packed with ppl that jump on at Tun Sambathan, Maharajalela, Hang Tuah, Imbi and Bukit Bintang station before reaching Raja Chulan.

The reliability of the KTM commuter is so far good except for 2 occasions when the air-conditioning broke down and left passengers sweating all the way home.

The KL monorail has broken down or has been not reliable on 3 occasions. First case, the whole monorail network standstill due to technical issue and caused delay in getting to destinations. Second case, at 30 feet in the sky, monorail car(I was on board) hit the side of the Bukit Bintang station damaging the railing. That was so freaking scary man happening up in the sky! I don't know how the hell that happen. Thirdly, only yesterday, the monorail train could not go into gear once all on board. All had to come out of train and caused huge jam of people at KL Sentral Monorail station and delay to destination.

The cycle Subang - KL Sentral - Raja Chulan is reversed when I go home.

From 5 pm, it takes about 2 hours to get home because sometimes you just have to take the next train because of the volume of people. It is a tiring and stressful procedure even after you had a stressful time at training!

When you get on trains during evenings, there is always body odour or people sweating. However, the smell of fart or "kentut" is always available during morning or evening trips. Especially when crowded, the smell is terrible!

Lunch can easily fetch RM 9 inclusive of drink and the food is plain simple. Those people back home in Penang better stop complaining about food being expensive. Trust me live in KL , can die man! Initially I tried to skip lunch because I felt the cost was unjustifiable but had gastric so decided to just screw it and eat. I know the saying, "Of course, it's KL".

I have to apologise to my friends in KL for not calling them because I really kept my training and my stay there this time on low profile. I hardly went out much. Normally just to Subang Parade or my uncle's house in PJ. That's it.

I will apply for jobs both in Penang and KL after the training and see what is the package. I am not making any decisions as of now.