Thursday, July 06, 2006

My First Day at Dell

I left home at 7 am. It was like going back to school days. I woke to the sound of my alarm on my mobile. Mom gave the ussual yelling as when I was in school. Heheh! Trevor... 6am!

Left home taking the Green Lane road. It was smooth. Listened to the songs of Disagree all the way. Hehe! I am in Disagree fever after going to the Hitz.fm Beach Party with Bennett a couple of weeks back.

Got there around 7.30. Made my way to the entrance and waited there for my Hire Manager to come at 9.

She showed me round the building and introduced me to my new colleagues! All girls! My "buddy" loves dogs! So it was easy to get into conversation coz we had something in common to talk about. Hehe! I learnt a lot from my "buddy" assigned to me to help me learn more about the system. When we were bored working she showed me sites of dogs like www.puppy.com.my .We went for lunch together with the office mates! It was nice! Nice canteen. Kinda like buffett at hotel. Prices are reasonable!

Met up with my cousin Rosalind and my new friend Fiona. Fiona's dad and my dad are friends. It was nice to finally get to know each other. We exchanged numbers. Coz at Dell ppl like to go mkn together. U can eat with the same ppl or can change around! Hahah! Everyone communicates on MSN. Met up with Edgar, a distant cousin who wanted me to join his department. But I dun really fancy that line of work.

I got a desk with a Dell pc but I am currently placed with my "buddy" to learn more. She's a real big help. It kind of makes it easy to make friends in a big organization coz she takes u around. So far I find them to be pleasent. I was nervous at first at making new friends. But they were friendly.

Tommorrow is another day with my "buddy". She shows me what's it like to handle different problems at Dell Customer Care. Oh yeah, I am assigned to cater for customers from Australia and New Zealand or in short ANZ. Next week I start my official training. I think with my new friend Joanne whom I met last Monday at the medical check up. Got a lot to learn to be honest. But I shall be optimistic about it.

I shall keep all my sweet friends posted. It's an interesting phase of life I would love to share. Perhaps it's a learning experience for those who are interested! Hehe!